3 racks ribs
1 sachet dry meat rub
1 red onion
1 red capsicum
1 yellow capsicum
1 bottle BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Rays)
1 bottle stout
1. Begin by rubbing the dry rub over both sides of your rib racks.
2. Slice the onion and capsicum and put into the base of the camp oven.
3. Top with the ribs and pour entire bottle of BBQ sauce on top.
4. Repeat with entire bottle of stout.
5. Cover and cook in the campfire for approximately 2-3 hours (trying to achieve a constant temperature of around 180 degrees Celsius).
6. Check the ribs regularly to ensure the sugar in the recipe does not burn.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Serves four hungry campers
Stay tuned for the accompanied Chilli Cheese Fries recipe in 4×4 CULTURED issue 2.